Sunday, July 17, 2011

NYU Update

I've finally been given my specific assignment in the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services at New York University. I will be working in the Hayden Residence Hall (building info from the NYU website can be found here) as the Residence Hall Director. I will have an assistant director, resource manager, and two faculty-in-residence. The building is situated on Washington Square Park with great views of the Empire State Building.


It's so nice that the former president of NYU lives in the penthouse of the building, which takes up the entire 18th floor. I will be moving up there at the end of this month with tremendous help from my mom and dad. My first day will be August 1.

31 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Congratulations Charlie! Lucky you to be living in NYC. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Bridget said...

I think you will really enjoy it. Congratulations! And hopefully I will be seeing you more.

ricky b said...

Charlie, That is too cool. Congrats to you, sounds exciting. I know that's what you wanted and sure you'll do a great job. Have fun and good luck.

Gma17 said...

WOW! That is some view. I am so happy for you..I know you will love it and continue on the road to success. Congratulations!!

nancy said...

I'm so jealous!! How great is that for you?!?!!?! WOW!!!! ok, so maybe Hayle can go there, with her connections?!?!?! :-)
Really, congratulations!!

Kathy said...

We are all very proud and happy for you Charlie.
Keep us informed and we will be able to live a young exciting life vicariously through your adventures there.

Mary Lesh said...

Where is everyone? Do you see the last post--the one before this? Last Monday--A week-7 days. Come on people

nancy said...

Hi! Well, we were traveling on Saturday. We flew to JFK, then rented a car and drove east towards the Hamptons. Carol drove up from Greensboro and we met her there. Then we went to her cousins for a BBQ. OMG, we were literally starving and ate so much we could nnot put one more bite in our mouths, there was SO much food!!! Yesterday, we drove out to the house we rented for Carol's party. All along I was very nervous, because we found it thru 'homeaway.com' but after contacting the owner, he had us wire money directly to him, he said he wasn't sending us anything beforehand like maps or things to do. just show up and the house would be open. I thought the worst. however, we pulled up, it's gorgeous, big enough for all of us, and Carol started to cry! She's so excited! We had a big meal last night, and today we rented a couple boats to spend all day. I'll post pictures maybe the end of day! So that's where we are.

Mary Lesh said...

Sounds like fun! I feel like all I do is work. Work, work, work, work, work. I'm getting tired of this shit. I need to win a lottery or at least get a million dollar sale to hold me over a bit.

Mary Lesh said...

Tonight I am going to a softball game to take some pictures. As long as I am taking pictures I am happy. Looks like it will be a good night.

nancy said...

I'm so mad! We told this guy on the 2nd day that we couldn't get the tv to work, so he came over to have a look. the room it's in is relatively dark. he shined a flashlight on this 42 in flat screen to find a crack in it. guess who just bought another 42 in. tv for this house?!?! can't prove we didn't do it.

Mary Lesh said...

How can he prove you did? OMG! I would be soooo mad. Make sure you give a review on this rental.

Gma17 said...

Wow! That stinks...So far we have had good luck with rental houses but that is the pits..like MaryEllen said..make sure you give this a review that he won't like...Mean while, forget about it and have fun

Linda said...

Nancy, if he can't prove you did it and he didn't do a walk thru with you, I would fight it tooth and nail. Also, like Mary said, once you leave, give several BAD, BAD reviews. I believe I would call an attorney to see if you can sue him. It's the principal. What a creep. He's probably a Centurion Cardmember. They are such crooks. You would not believe what they try to pull with us. They will get theirs..Try to have fun!!

Mary Lesh said...

I am going to Ellijay today to work with Christy and Leeman for the next for days. I am their "Photographers Assist" on a shoot. I am so excited. I still have to pack and load up so I won't have much time to play this morning. They are filming a barn raising fund raiser for the NYFD of 911. Don't know why they chose to do it here, but glad I get to work with them.
Did you all see Tony's picture from the cat attack? Christy sent me more pictures that she took when she saw him yesterday. OMG, what a nasty cat. He is house sitting for a friend and the cat went to go out of the house and Tony grab it by the back of the neck and he said it just turned over and attacked him.
Oh, well. Got to get my crossword puzzle done so I can get packed and on the road.

Gma17 said...

Tell tony to get tetnus shots.remember our red cat in Port Jervis? It attacked my mother and she ended up in the hospital....

Mary Lesh said...

Tony went to a doctor and the doctor said it was a good thing he did. He is on medication.
This job is pretty nice, I came back to the hotel and Christy massaged my feet. She just wanted to? I did not stop her.

Gma17 said...

Glad Tony went to the drs. Well my day started off well.I decided to mop my floors etc. First vacuum..Umm that did not go well. Vacuum sounded like a cat was stuck in it or something....Decided to play the fixer upper and took it apart..Looked ok to me except for some dirt and crap, so I cleaned it up and put it back together..Now it sounds like a mountain lion was in it... what a way to start the day..Back to that "broom" thing...Hope the rest of the day goes well......ever liked that stupid vacuum any way!

Gma17 said...

Oh yes, MaryEllen..sounds like a great job...And you get paid too?

nancy said...

you too are funny! Money, don't try to fix stuff. did you have lori look at it?
Well, last night Brittany came out to the Hamptons. It rained today, but not too bad. We walked around, went out for lunch, then window shopped. and Brittany and Hayle got HUGE ice creams! Then we came home and everyone cooked. and Brit cleaned up all of dinner! She'll be invited back! Carol packer her up a 'to go' bag of food, we always have too much!
I found a dining room table for the FL house, it seats 10 comfortably, will have to order that! It's really nice!
Tomorrow we're taking a ferry to block island, and then we go home the next day. it's over so fast.

nancy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! Where did I get 'money' from?!?!?! I'm laughing out loud! I don't know if it was something said on tv while I was typing this or what?? I meant 'Mom'!

Mary Lesh said...

lol, I thought money did fix stuff. Too funny Nancy. Wish we could have seen you while you were/are here. Next time fo sho.
Still working hard. No massage last night--hmmm did my feet stink? Oh, I think it was just too late. Maybe tonight

Linda said...

Mary, tell Christy I will work for no $$$, just a foot massage!! OMG, just thinking about it gives me chills. Love foot massages. Maybe I'll be nice to Hank tonight and try to squeeze one out of him. Even though they only last 60 seconds, it will be the best 60 seconds of the day!! Hmm, better start thinking of a way to be nice; that may take some time.

Gma17 said...

So Charlie>>How was your first day? Thinking about you..Good Luck!!

nancy said...

yes, an update please??? the move, the new home, the new job...come on people!?!?!?!?!

Mary Lesh said...

Where the hell is everyone?

nancy said...

I am making shrimp and crab cakes for dinner.

Gma17 said...

TOO BAD, THAT DOES NOT SOUND GOOD TO ME AT ALL...BUT I THINK PETE AND ROB TRICKED ME WITH A CRAB DIP AND I LIKED IT...WHATEVER!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Nancy!!!!
Today it is my 25th anniversary for quitting smoking.

ricky b said...

Happy Birthday Nancy, have a fantastic day. Mary, wow, 25 years of smoke free, great congratulations. Sunday will be 29 years for Chebit and I, where does the time go.

nancy said...

So today I tried to vaccuum a rug that is a PAIN in the butt to vaccuum! I figured I needed to replace a piece on the hose which put an end to the vaccuuming. So then I recovered my kitchen stools! Again, it took all I could to finish all three with my kind of ADD. The last one was like, oh just come on and stapled all over. I should put the vaccuum away......