2 cups each broccoli florets and cauliflower florets (a small head of each)
2 egg whites, beaten
2 TBS canola oil
1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
3 TBS ground almonds
2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp kosher salt and ground black pepper
preheat oven to 450 degrees. coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray
cook broccoli in microwave for 2-3 minutes
cook cauliflower in microwave for 5 minutes
mix egg white and oil in dish. stir crumbs, almonds, parmesan, parsley, salt & pepper in a separate dish.
dip florets in egg mixture, then dredge in crumb mixture. arrange on baking dish and bake for 8-10 minutes.
BONUS-Dipping sauce-3 TBS dijon, 1 TBS honey, 1 tsp whole grain mustard, mix together!
36 comments:
Sounds delicious. I think I will try that the next time I cook. Thanks--I love a good recipe!
Sounds really good. It almost sounds like the broccoli we used to get at Friday's a long time ago..Dad tried so many times to duplicate it but never could...Nothing new here..getting ready for wedding will be fun..We are meeting at lori's on sat to try to figure who is doing what and what we need etc. That should be fun too..By the way "Hell Week" is next week for Neal. Keep him in your prayers.......
I hate that I can't be there to help plan. Although I am pretty good at doing what I am told. As long as that is what I want to do. Don't tell me to do something I don't want to do. But, I still might do something I otherwise wouldn't want to do since this is important.
FYI I have some beautiful candelabras and a large chafing dish (not fancy, but large). I have some beautiful cake plates 6 or 7. One of the plate holders (it holds 3 plates and it can be stacked or spread out.) I have an old wooden crate that could be helpful and those wooden directional signs from Christy's wedding. I will look for the jars she used for flowers.
I feel like the blog is dying!
Me too! Well this weekend Kathy ,Linda, Lori and me had fun shopping and talking and planning the "Wedding". I think it is going to be sooo nice..Can't wait..Kathy and I went to St. Andrew's Mass on Sunday and had a long talk with Msgr. James. It was good seeing him again..Remember too that this weEk is "hell week" for Neal..KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS..
I know, no one is ever on here! So, I made the broccoli and cauliflower again tonight! Yum! I went to the Dr. this morning and she gave me an antibiotic as my eyes are STILL swollen! Even tonight, there's little 'puddles' underneath.
Nancy, did the doctor give you any idea what is going on. That's some serious pollen over there!
I did not know there was anything wrong with your eyes. How long has this been going on? What does the doctor say it is?
ok, they say it is blepharitis. she gave me a antibiotic and the swelling is all gone, but it's still red and flaking a bit. but much better. I woke up with it Saturday. nothing to worry about.
Glad we don't have to worry! Whew!
Hey, we had to put Buffet down today. He was getting raelly bad, hard for him to breath. I have never had to do that. Breaks my heart. I stayed with him. Poor little baby, it makes me really, really sad.
Sorry to hear that Nancy. I know how you feel we had to put Tigger down. It was awful.
AWWW! I know how you must feel...Your dog becomes your family.... take care! I'm thinking about you..
OMG! What was wrong with Buffet? I did not even know he was sick. How is Hayle taking it? I am so sorry for you guys. He wasn't very old.
yeah, he was only 7. less than a week after BJ died, I had to rush him in the vet, at 4am because he was having trouble breathing. He was in complete heart failure. they got him stabilized, but since then he's been on 8 tablets a day. he lost alot of weight but his belly was filling with fluid. the pills could only do so much. Turns out he was born with an enlarged heart, and the stress of losing BJ just did him in. He was getting fluids in his lungs and he was having difficulty breathing. I really don't think he was happy ever since BJ died. He really just laid around and slept. It was brutal, I've never had to take a dog to put him down!! Ugh!! Killed me, but I know it HAD to be done, he was struggling. So, yeah, Hayle was in bad shape last night. I've never seen her so upset and crying! But she was better this morning. She'll be fine.
So sad. I can't imagine. Tell Hayle, dogs go to heaven. So he is in a better place with BJ.
so, I'm still having trouble with my eyes. the swelling not really going down-back to the Dr. today. Over the weekend we went to Ascot though. It was fun. Hayle brought her gifts for Pete for fathers day and we drove home. Got some good tips from friends on dog training, we're going to whip Cody into shape. When we got home, it was almost like he knew! So, this will be fun. Then we made a nice dinner altogether and went to bed.
Good Grief..What could that be? Hope all is weel son. Let us know...Wedding is this week and we are all excited. This has been a very busy month...I am going to pick Kelly up in a little while..Busy, busy? so what is everybody else doing.....
I meant well soon
Yesterday I went to court with John. He had to serve 24 hours in jail--mandatory for 1st offense. So they took him away and I left to go spend the day with Christy in Atlanta. We were trying to figure out what time he would get out. Christy decided to call the jail and they told her they were just processing him. (this was 5 hours after I left him). Then the guy said, "Were having a 2 for 1 today so he should be calling in a few minutes." Sure enough he called 2 minutes later. Wasn't he lucky.
We went out to celebrate his freedom after his 5 hours of incarceration. John is not an ex-con and prison is behind him. Today I get to take him to a drivers license office in Atlanta to get a limited license to drive back and forth to work. Then I will meet Christy and we will go shopping like we had planned yesterday, then we are heading for Florida!!!
NOTHING?!?!?!!?!? on the 'day after'???? How was the BBQ?? Where are the pictures?!?!!?
WTH, I posted something--where the hell is it? I left Sunday at 3:00. Had a great time. Did not stay for the BBQ. Always love getting together with the family. Today I have to work, yuck, but I can't complain because my partner sold 3 homes while I was gone. Such a good girl.
The wedding was very nice and I thought romantic for the two of them. The food was extremely delicious and I still want the recipe for the arugula salad. It was wonderful seeing everyone.
Looking forward to a trip up to Atlanta. If it's nice maybe take a lazy trip down the river in Helen. Tubing is fun!!
I went back to work yesterday. Why can't I win the Lottery. I only need a small chunk to be able to quit working; don't need millions. Wedding was great, didn't really have a bar-b-que on Sunday. There was to much food left over to start buying other meat to grill, so we just had wedding left overs. Really good stuff. Also, it rained most of the day with lightening, so no pool, but did sit aroiund all day and tell stupid stories. It was fun. Now can't wait for the end of the year for our trip to California..
Going tubing in Blue Ridge today. Nothing like deciding late at night to get up early, but there is a Rodeo in Alabama tonight and we want to go to that so we need to get an early start.
Tubing in Blue Ridge was awesome. Much longer ride than Helen and much prettier. The water was deep and fast and it still took 2 1/5 hours. Of course we got a late start. Mom spent the day with Aunt Doris and Aunt Rita. Michael dropped us off and then went down the road to take pictures of us. He put them on flickr already. Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_mcgowan/with/5895902780/
We didn't get home until 6:30 so we decided to not go to the Rodeo.
Mary, The tubing took all 2 and 1/5th Hrs ?? Wow, still sounded like fun. We are home now, our 9 day vacation is over, had a blast (Love being around family).. Spent the last 3 days with Cherie's family and OMG is her new lil niece cute. She 9 months old now and as cute as can be. I'm trying to get her (Her name is Mia) to call Cherie Aunt Bee, BTW Cherie HATES it, which is why I want it to stick now... I know this is a guy thing, but I made it back from Ocala in 8 Hr's today (571 miles) freaking awesome.... Oh well talk to all later. Had a blast, Love all
I thought that too Rick!! 1/5!! We had a little BBQ yesterday with neighbors. Food was delish and i Love my neighbors!! Sweetest couple!
So this whoe week, Hayle and Enya have 'Work Experience'. They go to work!! Hayle is working at a shop called Script to Screen. They hire out costumes to everyone including TV and stage. The people seemed really nice and looked like FUn! Enya is working with a photography studio. Better get ready, I have to drive them!
I would love to have either one of Hayle or Enya's jobs. Sounds like fun.
Ha, ha, ha. Ok, it took 2 1/2 hours. Rick--shame on you for driving recklessly on the holiday weekend no less. Glad you got home safely so I don't have to really let into you. I think Aunt Bee is a good name.
Nancy what is this whoe week? Is it a week for whoes? Hos?
yes, it's a week for hoes. they get out of school to earn a living and wear their own clothes. it's good for them you know.
So, do they dress like hoes?
If I were a "Ho", I would dress in regular clothes. If you dress slutty then you only get paid a small amount. But...if you dress regular, and then show up in a pretty dress they think you're a high price one.
Maybe I watch too many movies too!!!
Oh yeah, and this would all happen only if I were 100 pounds thinner too. (don't want ya'll to think I would be a chubby shut)
never! I'm against chubby sluts. and hoes. So, filing claim with home insurance for stolen bike. funny, because I was complaining to insurance company last week because rates always going up and never filed a claim. So Nah! Now I'm gonna file a claim!
then, I'm going to pick up the hoes.
Hopefully the hoes made enough to cover your deductible!!
Well, how did the hoes do? I hope they enjoyed their job for the week. Whats next on the agenda?
I showed homes for a few hours yesterday. I am showing again today. It is the son of some friends of Barb and Gerry--thank you for the referral Barb--they are young and this is their first house. I think these are the best buyers. I just finalized a contract with another young couple buying their first home. They are so excited.
Ugh, Girls are a pain. They did fine! But tonight they're having a party to say goodbye to Enya and Happy Birthday. I thought she was having 6 girls over. Well, there ended up being 16 boys and girls. When do they start acting like adults and not kids. what a mess. and girls are worse than boys. the boys sat in the backyard and talked. and the girls kept leaving and coming back in small groups. sneaky!
Post a Comment