Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter in the Smokies

 A couple pictures of our trip to the Smokies . . .

45 comments:

Mary Lesh said...

Beautiful pics Barb!
Nancy, what is up with that guy. Hope you have another toilet.

Gma17 said...

Love the pictures Barb..

Barbara said...

It was absolutely beautiful. It was like seeing everything for the first. I will have to get the rest of the pictures uploaded so you all can see them.
Hope you are home Linda.
Love you

nancy said...

omg, our agent meant to send me an email telling me what an asshole the sellers agent is, and sent it right to him!

Mary Lesh said...

Oh Nancy, that is funny!!

nancy said...

I know, right!? He is a jerk, but I'm just glad it wasn't me!! She said she sent him an email apology but still hasn't got the counter offer back yet that he said he had!

Gma17 said...

OH OH That was not very smart.....

Mary Lesh said...

Oh, is this on another house? I thought you meant the one they countered higher? OOh, big mistake.

It is snowing and I just heard we are supposed to get 6-10 inches today and tonight. Of course Laura did not leave me a car, so I can't go out and take pictures. Oh, and I lost one of Hunter's gloves so I can't take him out to play. Maybe I'll put socks on his hands. It worked for Aunt Pat.

ricky b said...

Barb, Nice pictures, really looks peaceful but where are the Palm trees and beach pictures?

Love Ya

Mary Lesh said...

Now they are saying 10-12 inches. I wonder if Bridget will make it in. She is supposed to be flying into Philly today. Not to worry, this is not Atlanta.

nancy said...

Barb, meant to say that earlier, they are really nice photo's! Well Done!

yes, different house. i don't care, if it works out great, if not, i have my eye on a couple more...

Linda said...

Barb,
These are awesome pictures. I hope you are printing them.If you shop at Costco, you can upload them on their site and they will do them on canvas for $29.00. They look great on canvas. I feel so sorry for Mary; she's up in Delaware getting 10/12 inches of NEW SNOW with no car keys. Mary, you should rent a car and make them pay for it just for two days. I think Enterprise will deliver the car to you. Call them..

Bridget said...

OMG, I'm home. Thank God I'm home safe. All the flights before us and after us were canceled, but who knows why, ours took off. It was a pretty rough landing, and then it took over 3, yes THREE hours driving home. No one but us on the road but we made it. Couldn't get up the driveway, so we had to unload 5 suitcases at the bottom of the driveway, in over a foot of snow, and I had little ballet flats with no socks of course, plowing up the driveway with luggage. Talk about almost having a heart attack. Gone for 2 weeks so nothing in the house to eat, but I doubt that I'll starve. We do have wine. Guess whats for dinner?
On the sad side, a good friend of Brittany's (Sebastiens' best friends girlfriend) was killed 2 nights ago coming home from work. She was crossing the street in front of her apartment and a big dump truck made an illegal left turn and ran over her. Her body was severed in half. Her boyfriend had come downstairs to meet her. So on Friday is her funeral. Keep her family in your prayers. She is also from France so her family has flown in. I can't stop thinking about it. Its so sad.

On a better note I'm so happy to hear Linda is feeling better, and is home. Let Hank pamper you, I know mom said that he is. OK I'm rambling but so happy to be home and back on line.
Let me know when everyone wants to go to Vegas! Is it Thursday thru Sat? I want to make my flight plans. I'm checking on rates at the Venetian, I'll let you know tomorrow.

nancy said...

OMG! OMG Bridget!! i'm speechless

Mary Lesh said...

Sooooo horrible. Kathy told me this morning before I read the blog. It makes me sick to my stomach. I still can't imagine.

Kathy said...

I don't think I said anything about the pictures, they are beautiful Barb.
And ps....are we the only ones that call you Barb? Do you go by "Barbara"? Someone mentioned that.

Mary Lesh said...

I am going home in the morning. Can't wait. While I was gone, John got arrested for a DUI. Christy got to bail him out this morning. He spent the rest of the night in jail. From what I understand, GA has a minimun 4 hours after arrest and minimum 24 hours after conviction. So he will have to go back and spend a day and night before this is over.
Mary is not a happy camper.

Gma17 said...

OMG!! That is horrible..He should know better..I would be so mad too..no excuse

Mary Lesh said...

Yeah, he asked if he should have Christy pick me up and I said, "And miss the ride home with me?"

Bridget said...

Yikes.

nancy said...

OH NO!!

Mary Lesh said...

Going home today. Don't really know that I am looking forward to this. I feel like John has ruined so many of my plans. I am going to do my best to not let that happen. I think John will too because he will pay for EVERY plan of mine he ruins. That is a promise.

Gma17 said...

well, we all make mistakes. i must admit that this is a big one...the expense is great and the inconvenience will be horrendous......and all for what..for crying out loud, if you must drink, buy a six pack or bottle of wine and stay home! but like i said remember Mary Ellen we all make mistakes and I BET IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN...BE PATIENT!

Mary Lesh said...

I have plenty of patience. He already asked me to
Yell at him. I think making him wait for me to explode
Is fun. And to think I can remind him of his mistake
With every inconvenience will give me a little pleasure.
My kids think I am the best at guilting. I guess we'll
See

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday, Mom!! Love you

ricky b said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM. LOVE YA

Mary Lesh said...

Christy bought me a mandoline for Christmas and John and I decided to make some waffle fries tonight. I guess I don't have it down, I sliced my wrist. I have 6 vertical slices going down/up my wrist. I missed the vein so that is a good thing. I swear it was like slow motion and I watched as I ran my arm over the blades. Don't know why I did not stop. I think I'll let John do the slicing for a while. Crap, I really wanted this thing. Maybe once my scars heal I'll try again.

Gma17 said...

I know exactly what you mean, Mary Ellen..A long time ago I fell at Lori's house and it felt like slow motion.Like why don't I not fall??? Of course I have no scars from it...Just took my car to Sears for new tires and an oil change...called and said i needed power steering fluid (that is why it was whining, I hope), and coolant and flush somethiing. wow and I think he was afraid to call me because I told him that Goodyear was always ripping me off..anyway I am lost without a car so noww it should be good for a while..ykes! I hope so.

Kathy said...

well, i really don't have anything to add, but thought I would say hello.
Mary called me the other day when she used her madoline to cut her hand. I felt so bad for her that I went home and did a sympathy slice on my pinkie for her. Those new knives that Neil bought me are sharp! Yikes!. Luckily no stiches but it sure did hurt.

nancy said...

well, I am not going to cut myself to make you two feel better. But I did burn the crap out of my tongue!!

Gma17 said...

I was trying to put the picture of Linda and me on the blog but Don't know how....HELP

Gma17 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Lesh said...

Honestly, I don't need you all getting sympathy wounds and taking the sympathy away from me. God knows there is no sympathy here. I have a very needy husband who has no clue how to be sympathetic. I could probably walk in with my head hanging by a thread and he would tell me he stubbed his toe. And if I mentioned,
"Hey, did you see my head is hanging by a thread?" chances are his response would be,
"My toe really hurts. I stubbed it while trying to put my shoes on. I hope I don't need to have it amputated." "Oh, Mary--did you make my coffee yet? I could really use a coffee, this toe is killing me. Bring some ibuprofen with you."
He is great at getting my sympathy--well as much as he is going to get. If he wasn't so needy he would get more, but daily is just not my thing.
So everyone save your fingers and toes or tongues. No need to cause any pain.

nancy said...

yup, you are funny!!

Gma17 said...

Mary, You are soo funny..I think you got your humor from me because I always wanted to be like that but I guess I gave it to you instead.I gave so many of my talents away.Linda got my love of sewing..I did make a lot of your clothes when you were younger. Kathy got my knitting talent.. I even made argyle socks for dad..Oh enough of that....I gave them away and that's that..by the way..We had a new priest last night(Msgr. Michael Patrick Aluesious Flannigan. He was so funny. He decided to read the gospel before Mass and give his homily so everyone would still be there. When he was finished, he took his jacket off and he had a superman shirt on and it said "Super Priest". He then explained the difference between telling what you do and why and bragging..does not expect a pat on the back. he was great!

Mary Lesh said...

I wish we had a funny priest. It really makes going to Mass "fun." Worth getting out of a warm bed. Worth taking a shower and blow drying your hair. Speaking of blow drying your hair, this morning as I was doing that very chore--yes it is a chore--John stood next to me, ran a comb over the top of his head and said, "done." What the hell was that? I said, "I could do that too!" and he responded, "But would you look this cute?" What ever.
John and I went to church for the first time in over a year. We got up late so we had to go to St. Theresa's. I love St. Theresa's but John hates it there. The music really makes you want to dance. I sway to the music when we are standing. Mom, you would love the music there--I swear.
Next week it'll be back to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. Nice church but the music is so "gag me with a spoon"

Gma17 said...

Our singer is not very good but this funny priest told her"Whoa" when she started to sing. Don't start so high because I have a deep voice. Then he said "sing a fun song". he suggested "This Little light of mine".. we were singing and clapping...he told her to pick some more good hymns.....We laughed....Like this priest, even though I have to do his vestments again.It is worth it...

nancy said...

lucky, our priest is boring and the music is just odd. they ALWAYS sing songs I've never even heard of and aren't all that great anyway.
So, i'll go to the gym later. i really want to go back to bed, i'm tired. Hayle is flying to France on Sunday and Pete and I are flying to the Maldives. I would appreciate prayers please. Makes me so nervous. So I'll be saying prayers all week.

Mary Lesh said...

We'll pray. I'm sure Hayle will be fine. Gosh such experiences. Can you imagine if we had such opportunities when we were her age? Hell at my age I would love it. Of course you and Bridget are getting lots of these experiences. Lucky!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Mike!! I know he is never on this site, but maybe Bridget can tell him. If she sees this before she goes to the Grammy's. Lucky girl!

nancy said...

Hayle just landed in France! Yay! Now Pete and I will be leaving in a coupla hours for Heathrow. We are flying on Sri Lankan air direct into Male (Maldives). They changed our flight on the way home next Sunday and we leave Male, go to Columbo Sri Lanka, where we catch our next flight to Abu Dhabi, where we are delayed 4 hours, then back to Heathrow. That's all I need. But I will take lots of pictures!!

Mary Lesh said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Have fun! Lucky, lucky you!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!

Mary Lesh said...

Still waiting to hear all about the Grammy's! That would be from you Bridge.

Mom and Kathy, how was Andre?

nancy said...

Good Grief!! Are the girls all having fun or what!?!?!?!?