Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer fun

I told Gma that I'd post an entry about what I've been doing for summer, so here it goes.

I went to Pensacola Beach for Memorial Day weekend with 8 of my friends (yes, before BP destroyed the coastline). We had an absolute blast. Spent lots of time on the beach and hosted a party (over 250 people showed up). It was ridiculously fun.

This is where we stayed. We were on the 16th floor of the tower on the far right.

Came back to work for 2 days and then headed to Furman University in Greenville, SC for a workshop. What a beautiful campus they have their. Met several great people in my field. Always good to expand my network. After the workshop, I returned home and was invited to attend our Alumni Association Board of Directors meeting (I applied to fill an open position). It was really nerve-wrecking talking about myself and why I should be sitting at the table with CEO's and entrepreneurs of great businesses, but I managed to pull it off and edge out some other applicants. They voted unanimously to grant me Director-at-large status. Hopefully, I'll prove myself over the next 3 years and get an officer position.

This weekend, I went to visit a historic cemetery in Atlanta and took some great pictures of the city with my friends new 4/3 slr camera. We had a great time running around in the dreadful Atlanta heat before heading back to my car to notice that someone broke into the one next to mine. So glad my friend decided to go back to the car and grab his iPhone off the front seat. Could've been my car that had a window smashed in (you can see the pic on facebook).


Next week, I'm headed off to Salt Lake City for another work conference. This one is all about Student Conduct on college campuses. Should be interesting. We had a crazy semester here at school with alcohol, drugs, and immigration issues. Maybe I'll learn something new. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the summer.

15 comments:

nancy said...

charlie, it sounds like you are leading a very fun and exciting life!! I wish I understood more about what you do? like who is your employer then? Sorry to sound stupid?? And whatever it is you applied for, well done!! You must've really impressed!! I'm very glad for you! Of course, I may not understand as well, because I'm finishing my 2nd glass of wine. Feel pretty happy right now! Looking out the window of Holton at the london eye and river, and other stuff, whatever it is, it's nice. wine is free, music is calm. But getting SUPER excited to see Bon Jovi tomorrow night!! Ok, funny thing, people coming in here for the free drinks all dressed up in their 'cowboy americana' gear for the concert! Pete thinks its funny but we're wearing cowboy boots tomorrow too! I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, wanted, dead or alive.....yee haw
!!! cut me off

nancy said...

Hilton

Gma17 said...

Thank you, Charlie. How impressive your life is. Makes me proud!!, even though I had nothing to do with it..love you!1

Kathy said...

Wow Charlie!!! You still have the whole summer yet. Looks like I'm gonna have to step up my game to out do you. But I'll give it a shot. Went to WalMart today, but it's only Saturday!!

Mary Lesh said...

Busy, busy, busy, Charlie. Congratulations on a job well, done. I'm sure you will exceed over the next 3 years. You have a tendency to do that. Don't you just love Oakland Park Cemetery? You do know it is right up the street from Melissa?

I have been very busy babysitting. Hunter is really good. Caroline is another story. OMG can you say cry baby? I know she's only 5 months old, but goodness give it a rest. I can't wait for Laura to get home.

Happy Birthday Rick! Love you.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Mary. Wow, aren't you up early! having fun with the kids, huh?!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Mary

Happy Birthday Rick

Happy Anniversary Adam & Jennifer

Hope you all have a fantastic day.

Love you.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Rick!! Doing any BBQ'ing today??

Linda said...

Charlie, I want your life! Congrats on everything you've done....
When are you going to get a new camera so you don't have to borrow your friends? Utah is beautiful, take a couple extra days to see some of it, if you can..Love you

Barbara said...

Happy Fathers dad to all you Dad's.

This is a day of celebration ;o}

Gma17 said...

Happy Birthday to MaryEllen and Rick..AND Happy Fathers day to all the wonderful dads out there.....

Barbara said...

Happy Anniversary Adam & Jennifer (I was a little early yesterday)

Happy Birthday Heather

Christy H LeClair said...

Happy Birthday Everyone!!

Anytime you are in ATL hit me up! I also live very close to that cemetery. Sounds very exciting. Congrats to you!!

Mary Lesh said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Mary Lesh said...

Where is everybody? Golly, someone say something Please!