Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Brauns


Since there was a post with some "fallish" look to it, I thought I'd post what little bit of fall that I've seen here in NC. The weather has been staying pretty warm, but last weekend Adam and I went to Boone to visit Ricky on his new frontier. We had a great time. It's so great seeing my brother so independent and enjoying himself!! I hope everyone enjoys the view :)

17 comments:

Barbara said...

You two look great. We have been having beautiful weather here. Crisp and cool in the mornings and evenings and warm in the afternoons. It is rainy outside now and I sure hope it rains, rains, rains. We are on level 4 water restriction here in Georgia, which means absolutely no outside watering. They are turning peoples water off if they see they have been using the water outside. And it costs a thousand dollars to get it turned back on. They are saying we could run out of drinking water by December! Can't even imagine. However, we are sending more than twice our daily drinking water each day down to Florida to save the mussels! Explain that!

Unknown said...

What?!?! That's crazy! And California is on fire, what is this world coming to! The other day it was raining glass in midtown - something happened to a tower they were building on like the 30th floor, they were trying to put the huge windows in, and apparently all the glass fell from that high up onto the streets. No deaths just a lot of injuries.

Where the hell has Nancy been?

CHL said...

I was wondering about Nancy too. I watched some footage from our trip to wales. It was pretty funny stuff. Glass falling from the sky is pretty scary! I heard 90 days too for water, that is scary. I haven't heard anything about these mussels, are you sure?

I can't believe Ricky is in college. I feel my age when I hear things like that. Then I really feel my age when I hear myself commenting on "feeling my age". It is a vicious cycle.

Yesterday, Leeman filmed a commercial with the Biasotti's. I think it is pretty funny. Lori plays a women who has been smoke-free for 6 months, Thanks to Laser point south! I can't wait till it is done to post it.

Mary Lesh said...

Wow, looks like the family is back. Jen and Rick, nice shot. Isn't it amazing how you all are growing up.
Brittany, raining glass sounds scary. Glad no one was hurt too badly.
Christy, you'll always be 2 to me. Always cute, lovable, sweet and innocent.
Can't wait to see the Biasottis in their acting debut.

Nancy said...

Hi Everyone! I'vemissed you all terribly!! Pete and I were in Las Vegas last week, while mom and Kathy stayed with Hayle. What fun. However, this trip I never got over the jet lag. I woke up every single morning at 3 AM!!!! But, I managed to get to the mall every day, and we saw a show, Mystere (a cirque du soleil) lots of fun! (or as Pete called it-crick de sole. He was serious, and I started dying laughing, and repeated it to his friends who didn't hear him, so they could laugh at him too) Ah,the fun! And next year, the meeting is in Orlando!! Yippee!! hopefully it will fall during hayle's half term break and we can bring her over with us. So Mom and Kathy left today. have to run, OhBrittany, you are so funny!! I love reading your posts. What are you doing today?

And great picture Rick and Jen!

Unknown said...

Mary that was really sweet what you said about christy...got a tear in the eye. I want to go to Las Vegas sooo badly, I was trying to plan on going for New Years but I think I have to work. So I think I am going to come to Florida on Sunday the 18th, by myself, and stay there till thursday (thanksgiving) and then drive to Orlando with Jimmy on that day. I am dying to lay on a beach. I feel like I am getting a little claustrophobic here. I think Christy said a lot of people were going to be there?
OMG....I can't believe I forgot to tell you!!!! I am not positive but I am pretty sure that Grill Guy has been FIRED!! Yes I am being serious, I will confirm today at lunch and let you know.

Bridget said...

Brittany, who will make your grill cheese sandwiches. I'm worried. It's horrible about the drought, the fires, and the glass. But the holidays are coming. Always something to get excited about. I guess a lot of people are going to Fla. for Thanksgiving. Sounds like fun. Christy you will always be young to me.

Unknown said...

What's this Florida get together around Thanksgiving? I haven't been here for awhile..

Mary Lesh said...

Linda, tell us how Carl is doing? I heard he had to evacuate. I heard last night the fires cover an area the size of NYC

CHL said...

That is so scary about Carl. Thankfully he's okay. Which reminds me I did not wish Brian a Happy Birthday! I really have no excuse because I thought about it on three different occasions, but didn't get his number (and I live in the same area now). Also, Aunt Linda if you could tell Hank I am still working on the photoshop task. My first few attempts were unsuccessful. I am going to ask Neil too.

Britt- ordering a grilled cheese will never be the same. Imagine a person who makes your grilled cheese having such an impact on you. Do you think he has any idea you "blog" about him. Come to think of it my mom was my grilled cheese maker and she had quite the impact on me!

Bridget said...

OK everybody, I'm in Boston now on my way over to Fenway Park to see the first world series game with the RED SOX. Exciting!!!!Britt let us know about the new grill man everyone wants to know. I can't believe the fires in Calif. I hope Carl's house is OK. Someone let us know. Go Red Sox!!!!!!!

Linda said...

Just a quick note. Carl is fine and his house survived with those new golf clubs..He was so concerned about those dammed clubs. Rick and Jen looks great..Gotta run, I just found out I had to make Christian's halloween custome and he's going to be Freddy Kruegar (?)..In any case, he needs a red/green shirt and of course I couldn't find any fabric that color, so I have to make it, then make the shirt...
what fun...Can't wait to hear about the new grill guy..hope he's as entertaining..Go Red Sox!!!

Gma17 said...

well, I'm back ..again. Wales was cold, I mean realy cold. Had a ball though..Jen and Rick, you look great!! AND Rick this Thanksgiving get together, we all live here now. So it will be so much fun at Thanksgiving!! All are welcome of course. It's at Lori's...

Mary Lesh said...

Carl, you need to run for your life. I know you think you are okay, but I just checked out my flickr group "San Diego Fires" and the map shows your neighborhood is engulfed in flames. I do believer flickr is more up to date than CNN because I spoke to your mother and she said their map shows the fires stop at the edge of your neighborhood. Trust flickr, I know they don't lie.

HH3 said...

Hey everyone!! So much craziness going on, Huh!! WOW!! The fires, the lack of water, the raining glass. Brittany, I want to tell you I always order a grilled cheese and I think about your "grill guy" and laugh out loud.......and the best part is that no one I know understands!! I hope you can come down for Thanksgiving, we have never met. It seems like fun this year so many people are going to be there.

I haven't heard anything about the mussels either.?.

Well everyone have a good day!!

Unknown said...

Wow finally! Something to comment on besides my own comments. That is really scary about the fires in CA! I read damages are already exceeding $1 billion!

So about the grilled cheese guy that I really hate...he was not fired just absent which was really disappointing! Christy I think all of our moms are good grilled cheese makers b/c my mom is awesome at it and so is g-ma. So I think she taught them well.

It's rainy and cold here today...miserable!! Can't wait to go to Florida & see everyone!!!

Charlie said...

I just wanted to thank Georgia for their water because I had mussels for dinner last night.

I wish I could make the short drive down for Thanksgiving, but I'm on call for university housing and I can't leave. Just my luck.