Thursday, September 27, 2007

this is funny

Ok, yesterday, we all went to see Gwen Stefani. She was awesome!! She is the ultimate COOL. So COOL!! Beforehand, I took the dogs for a quick walk. As we walked into the concert, I realized I forgot to change shoes. So I was dressed, but instead of my dressy, pointy, black pumps, I had on my flat, dirty, red, clogs. How nice, at the Gwen Stefani concert. UGH!
So, last night, my sugar was a little high, unfortunately, I took too much insulin. I woke up, got Hayle off to school, but was so tired, I laid back down. Around 10am, I had a dream that a girl was in my room, cleaning, and told me I needed to get the kitchen curtains down, as they needed to be cleaned (they do). I woke up. At first I thought my underwear was on the outside of my pajamas, so I remember I had to check. (they weren't) Then I ran downstairs, climbed up on the kitchen counter and tried taking down the kitchen curtain pole. I couldn't get it off. I tried the other side. Wouldn't come off. Then, I started yelling 'Hello, Hello' thinking the girl was still in the house. Then I realized I was sweating. That's when I figured out something was wrong. I climbed off the counter and drank 2 glasses of OJ and finally came around. No one was here either. OMG, how stupid!! Hayle cracked up when I told her, so I thought I'd share.

20 comments:

bobo said...

you are sooo strange...
hello?...hello?

Brittany - there is a girl in one of the 8th grade classes that just kind of reminds me of you. So finally the other day I printed out a picture of you that Christy has on Flickr. I have stairwell duty of lunch and called the girl over to me as she was going up and I told her that I thought she looked like one of me nieces...well, she didn't agree with me but she was sooo thrilled because she thought you were a model...I said uh...no she's my niece...whatever girl...
But seriously...the girl was like..."Oh my god is she a model"? so I thought you would like to hear that...it is a very nice picture I must say so myself!
anyway, class is still fun. I laugh a the kids all the friggin time!
okay...later everyone!

Unknown said...

That's really funny both Nancy and Lori. Did the girl keep the picture, I don't know why but that is cracking me up. I can picture you on the stairs saying in a whisper like voice "hey kid get over here....got something to show ya" then whipping the picture out of your back pocket. I love watching little kids, they crack me up but I think I freak them out. Because the natural look of my face when I am just being normal to some people looks miserable (must be a braun thing) so everyone is always like "what's wrong what's wrong?" when there is nothing wrong at all! So I will be on the bus in a daze watching a kid slobber all over the disgusting windows (or wondering why their mom is letting their tongue droop out of their mouth and touch the seats or handrails) and the kid will catch me looking and immediately stop and go stand near their mom and behave. I think that's funny it cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god...I get the same thing..."What's the matter?"...and I'm just doing nothing...it most definetely is a Braun thang!
Anyway, I was kind of like that on the stairs...and she was at first like..."what did I do?"...but now she is always smiling and saying Hi Mrs. B whenever she sees me...
Anyway, I have a blast in the class. I don't have little kids though...I have 6th - 8th. They are so queer but it matches my immaturity perfectly!

Nancy said...

I get that too, the what's wrong thing. but not so much since i dont work. there's no one here in the daytime to ask me that. if i was at the Winn Dixie counter I would get it all day long. Anyway.....

Anonymous said...

that's because you were sleeping at the WD counter...

Jen said...

omg nancy that is hilarious
i mean not hilarious that your health was doing that to you
but funny nonetheless

and gwen stefani is the ultimate cool, so cool she would proably rock a pair of dirty red clogs ;)

Nancy said...

JEN, NOW YOU ARE FUNNY!

HH3 said...

Wow Nancy!!! That was funny, I am glad you are ok!! Haven't been on the blog in a while so I was catching up!! I have seen Gwen and you are right she is awesome!! A comment on the whats wrong thing........I do that to Brian all the time!! Opps!! I guess one "What's wrong?" is enough. I am learning!!! Well, hello to everyone and have a good day!!

Unknown said...

Guys come up to me when I am out and they're like wow you look miserable, and I'm always like "wow that's a great way to start a conversation...maybe you should leave me alone". lol.
I went to the Gwen Stefani fashion show during fashion week. I sat not too far from her husband Gavin and her son Kingston who is the cutest thing ever. He was so little and completely dancing and smiling and trying to touch everyone around him....he kept trying to grab Puff Daddy's sunglasses off his face. I probably should have been paying more attention to the runway, the clothes, shoes and handbags were all awesome though

Unknown said...

Does anyone have any cool halloween costume ideas? I need to be something really cool and I don't want one of those generic things from a halloween store.

Nancy said...

brittany spears, she's pretty hot right now

Nancy said...

paris hilton in black & white stripes

Nancy said...

or if you can't think of anything else, be a hobo. we always did that growing up. just put some black stuff on your face and dress sloppily, get a stick and a bandana.
(HAHAHAHA)

Unknown said...

I need to be something pretty though.......I might be like a can can girl. I don't know it depends. I was talking with a photographer today and he was telling me how he is in the process of sending applications for his daughter's kindergarten schools. Which she has been on a waiting list since she was born ( I guess that's how they do it here). Yeah so the average kindergarten schools are around 28-32,000 dollars (as much as my college) and her pre-school she is in now (which is average) is $18,000 a year. Holy Cow I soo will not be living in nyc when I have kids.

Jen said...

hey britt you should be a nudist on strike, aka just wear regular clothes :)

on a serious note though, be a mafia girl, i did that last year with adam (he was a mafia guy) . you just need sexy black stockings, a short skirt, sexy top and a hat!! simple but HOT

Gma17 said...

hey Linda we need some pics of Carls promotion. LETS GO!!!!!Hank has some great pictures, I know.. meanwhile..Hayle is going to be a pirate. Brittany you can be a sexy pirate too... GMA

Mary Lesh said...

I think I'll be a chihuaha

Unknown said...

Mary what do you wear to be a Chihuahua

Mary Lesh said...

Something really tiny

Nancy said...

Nice! can't wait to see it!